Thursday, March 17, 2011

Help Rebuild Restore Japan

So...the whole thing that's going on in Japan right now, due to the massive earthquake and tsunami, really bummed me out.  I can't even begin to fathom what it must've felt like to see that wave coming right at you.  What would your last thoughts be?  What about that fight you had with your wife, but never got to say sorry?  Or that gift you bought for your kids birthday, but were never able to deliver it?  It's extremely heartbreaking.  Anyway, I can't physically do anything because I have a business to run and a woman to marry in May, however, I want to do something.  I figure, since I'm an "artist"...I could create and design something that would show the strength of a nation who can and will get past this unfortunate catastrophe.  So I designed this poster, which I then turned into a Tshirt.  Let me tell you a little bit about the design.  The red circle obviously represents Japan's flag.  The gridded nation is supposed to represent the "building block" of Japan.  The crack represents just that, a minor crack.  Regardless of the magnitude of the earthquake, it's just a minor crack, and Japan being one of the strongest nations, will overcome it.  The flourishing flowers represent regrowth...and the person donating to receive one of these items represents hope for someone who was affected by these events.


Poster:







TShirt:




No comments:

Post a Comment